Thursday, February 14, 2008

SPJ

At the beginning of every year the Society of Professional Journalists gets together to judge the overall quality of news reporting. I work with people that think the whole idea is over rated and decline the opportunity to submit entries. I, on the other hand, figure that if I ever wanted to work for a different station or network, it is always good to have awards on my resume; so I enter every year. Last year was my first year and I managed to take first place in editing. What was ironic about that award is that it was for a story that I received a lot of scrutiny from fellow workers on how I put it together. To keep things moving here...this year I am submitting stories in two different categories because I switched departments mid last year. Not that anyone cares, I've posted links to the ksl.com website on the stories that I've entered. I'd post the actual video itself but that would be illegal. Please take a look:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2158125
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1941405

Turns out I could only find two of the stories I'm submitting from the KSL website...

No comments: